Psychological services are an integral part of the clinical team at New Beginnings. Psychological support is an important part of the overall care for children, young people and families. The team of psychologists offer comprehensive psychological support to children and families under the care of all specialties. Our psychologists identify the child’s strengths and mental health needs. We offer specialist psychological therapies to suit each individual. The service includes innovative methodologies entwined with traditional methods.Our work includes:
- Providing age and developmentally appropriate information through play.
- Creating safe and welcoming environment to paediatric and young children.
- Providing a wide variety of play interventions and recreation to our paediatric and young children.
Through our work, the team helps children and young people become less anxious and more co-operative with their treatment, increase their understanding of the environment around them and increases exploring of their skills and capabilities.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- Behavioural problems
- Learning difficulties
- Genetic conditions – Down Syndrome
- Intellectual Disability
- Neurological conditions